Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday Sundries

-Those of you who follow me on Twitter and FB saw this the other day: 2+ weeks of bad sleep, continual heat exhaustion, and high stress have taken the inevitable toll: I have a cold. Ugh.

I spent all of yesterday on the couch playing Mass Effect 2, and I got a decent night's sleep last night. I actually feel better today than I've been feeling. My mom always said the cure to a summer cold was sunshine and salt water. I'll have to make due with sunshine and a poolside. Either way, the vitamin D can only help.

-Josh and I watched Black Dynamite last night. It's both very silly and very smart. It's also got some amazing one-liners, amazing costumes, and lots of pretty.

-Trans Job Discrimination in New York: Now with numbers!

-How the Media Should Treat the Sexual Assault Allegations Against Al Gore

-The photos in this post show great and rarely seen angles of the area around where I grew up.

-RM beat me to it, but it's too awesome to deny:
In a contest between Ben Franklin and Captain Jack Harkness, for shagging, charming, and being an all around bon vivant, who would win?


-There's an interview with John Barrowman at After Elton.

-Adam P. Knave gives us a delightful New York Tourists' Guide. DON'T BE A JERK AND YOU WON'T GET SENT TO QUEENS! (There's nothing wrong with Queens, but unless they're looking for the biergarten or the airports, tourists tend to not want to go there.)

-How to make a BLT.

1 comment:

check cashing Bridgeport said...

Our workplace is opened 24/7. So, you could find us all time.