Thursday, February 01, 2007

Today's "WTF" Link of the Day

Woman Says Police Caused Miscarriage

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A woman who miscarried her fetus a day after she was thrown in jail is suing the police department and two arresting officers who ignored her pleas for medical help."

Fact: This woman had outstanding warrants for mistreatment of children, trespassing and several traffic violations.

Fact: She bled heavily enough to go through three pairs of pants during her time in lockup.

Fact: A woman miscarrying can bleed out and die.

This woman could have died. The cops were so hell-bent on "getting their man," as it were, they're lucky she didn't die in their custody first.

The next time someone comes to me saying they're bleeding heavily and I say, "And how is that my problem?" I want someone with a stopwatch timing how long it takes me to get punched in the face.

1 comment:

Cory said...

Thannks for this