Friday, September 22, 2006

Fuck You! - or - Why I Gave Up On the Theatre World

I don't know why, but I was looking at the Theatre Dept website for my alma mater.

Jesus Christ, that shit still makes me angry. The stuff they're doing now is the kind of thing I was clamoring for, but couldn't get because I wasn't one of the Art Director's Chosen Ones.

I'm very happy with my life and where it is, and I try not to think about Wild Might-Have-Beens, but I can't help but be angry about that. I was ready to dedicate my life to theatre, and I was deemed Unworthy by an asshat, and as such, was never taught the skills I needed to survive in the professional theatre world. I got tired of busting my ass and doing it wrong and getting a bad rep, so I eventually gave up and tried other things that I was better at.

But damn.

Everything I tried to wrestle from the hands and mind of that Simon Cowell-Wannabe is up on that website, laid out like a goddamn buffet.

Fuck you.

No comments: